Pages

Thursday 8 December 2016

St Kent's Day!


It was a Friday morning like every Friday morning but then it was St Kent's day! When St Kent's came we had to be split into groups and go with two St Kent's boy and girl. When we we got organized we went to some activities the St Kent's made. I went to soccer first! It was amazing. I really had fun and enjoyed it so much but my team lost but at least I got to participate in it. After that my team got split up. I got to stay playing soccer. It was fun. After that game the other team won! After soccer the bell rang for morning tea. When morning tea was finish my team went to the music room and we played some music. After that we moved to the library and played some board games get it board games. I played chess and I won 3 games. I beat Popi,Mary and Brazie. Then I vs a St Kent boy. He won and I said good game and we shook hands. After that we moved to Zumba. It was cool we learned new dance moves. After that the bell rang and it was lunch time. St Kent's People made us some Sizzle sausages! After lunch time it was Culture groups and some of the St Kent's people came and watched us practice.


And that's what we did for St Kent's day!

3 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei, Solomone! Chess doesn't sound like a boring board game if you won three times! I am so impressed by your sportsmanship at the different activities. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo e lelei!

    Wow! It sounds like you had a great time at St Kent's, Solomone. I wish that I could have come along and joined in all of the games and activities. Zumba sounds like it was a lot of fun!

    Fortunately, I have managed to have a lot of fun this holiday by blogging with students who are part of the Summer Learning Journey holiday programme. There are over one hundred students participating and we're all really enjoying it. We'd love it if you'd join us, too!

    To join the programme, simply hop onto the Summer Learning Journey website (https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/welcome), click on the 'Weekly Activities' tab, choose from one of 60 different activities and post a blog about it.

    I will read your blog and post a comment back. I also have other teachers and students who would love to read your blog posts and provide comments. You will earn points for each blog that you post and I'll keep track of your points.

    At the end of the summer I'll come to Ruapotaka to hand out certificates and to bring prizes for the Top 3 bloggers in your school. I really hope that you'll join us and be in to win a great prize!

    You can start blogging any time that you want from now until the end of the January. The programme officially ends on Friday 27 January.

    Hope to see you online this month!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora!

    I'm Mark, a teacher working with Rachel on the Summer Learning Journey.

    We have 8 days left on the SLJ and I just thought I would remind you that you can join in anytime! It is never too late. Plus if you're running out of things to do, this is definitely an interesting and worthwhile way to spend you time.

    The point of the journey is to keep your mind sharp for when school starts by make you use all the skills you developed last year. The activities are designed to be interesting and are only as hard as you want to make them.

    At this point in the journey, you don't even have to do all the activities, or even do them in order! You can just pick and choose. Everything is cool as long as you're getting that brain up to speed.

    I hope to see you online soon and blasting through some of these activities. If you don't know where to find them, then just follow the link below. Remember to post the answers on your blog-site and label them with their day and activity number.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/welcome

    If you decide not to however, it is all good! I hope you have been doing your own reading and writing over the holiday period anyway, and I wish you all the very best for the 2017 year at school!

    Kia kaha, never give up and always do your best!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.